Sunday, August 25, 2013

RUSH WEEK 

Day 1: First, in walks our rho gam (basically our tour guide) and gives us a bag full of a water bottle, granola bar, and a T Shirt. She tells us to fill the water bottle and eat because it's going to be a long day and put on the T Shirt. Walking in the door with all those girls chanting at you, staring at you, and grabbing you to start a conversation - is like nothing else I've ever experienced. It was definitely an overwhelming, tiring day. But I was stoked to be able to see all the houses and try and imagine which one I fit in best with!


Day 2: Most tired I've been in a while. Went to ten houses today in 90 degree weather with 85% humidity. Talked to about 20 different girls for 15 minutes talking about all of the same things. Oh and did I forget to mention the fact that all the frat guys sit on their lawns with a mega phone and when an attractive girl walks by, they make the siren go off then yell a number in which signifies their hotness rating. And the question "why the heck did you move from California to here" is basically the topic of every conversation. But after i tell them why, they smile and say "ya makes sense, Lincoln is cool".

Day 3: This day was better. A lot less hectic because there were less girls involved in each house. But it started off pretty nerve wracking. You have to go to your rho gam and receive your schedule for the day hoping that you got invited back to all your top rated houses. I was very happy with my schedule for the day! But a lot of girls weren't so happy, which was tough. Today was about learning what each house did for philanthropy purposes. It was cool to see what they are involved in and allowed us to look at them in a different perspective. Now we have to cut these top 10 into top 6 for day 41 that's gonna be hard.

Day 4: Today is a little less stressful and chaotic again yet we are all a little more tired. It's house tour day! I was invited back to tour 6 houses, the max you could tour, and had a hard decision to make that night. All the houses are super gorgeous and hard to turn down. But I narrowed it down to a top 3!

Day 5:  This day was stressful. This day was fun. This day was emotional. It made the decision hard. We went to as many houses as we got asked back to, max three. They talked to us again, gave us nice little treats to eat, the house mom spoke, and of course they sang to us. All three houses made it very hard to not like them. It was up to us to just let the ceremonies happen and dig deep down to see which one we felt most at home in. I found my home, but they have to choose me as well on bid day! 

BID DAY: Most insane day ever. We all walked to the student union and met with our Rho Gam who had our destination lying within them. She handed them out to each of us with our name on them. The countdown started…once it got to 1 everyone was screaming because they found out who they got into while I was struggling to open mine. Finally! I ran to my new home, received the house T shirt, then we all ran to the house. This was absolutely outrageous. Everyone lined the sidewalks and cheered us on, I felt like a celebrity. I sprinted as fast as possible and almost passed out right on the lawn of my new home at Delta Gamma. Every house is awesome in their own way, but I am so happy I am in the one I thought I fit in with best!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment