Saturday, August 10, 2013

NATION SWITCH
     This blog is going to tell my story of the transition into a big college kid and everything that goes along with that. I started this with the thought in mind that many of you could relate to this impactful change. Whether it be in your past, your future, or the present - many of you can associate to what I am feeling. I am moving from Southern California, AKA my favorite place in the entire world, to Lincoln, Nebraska. The title "Nation Switch" refers to moving from surf nation (Southern California) to husker nation (Lincoln, Nebraska). Enjoy!
     The switch from Surf Nation to Husker Nation (GO BIG RED) begins in 7 days. What that means for me is huge because of my love for this beautiful state I grew up in. Let me start by listing a few of my favorite things: sand, surf, ocean, sun and my family. Now let me list the things from that list that will be at my new home: occasional sun. So now you see my problem.
      As excited as I am to start this new chapter of my life, I am also feeling every other emotion you could think of. Now, if you are from or have visited California, then you could easily relate to what I will miss. If you are not from here and have never had the blessing of experiencing it...I am truly sorry for you because my oh my are you missing out. 
      Now with that said, I am super excited to live somewhere different and to try out a new lifestyle for a while and  am confident that Nebraska will satisfy me as my home during college!! I am just going to miss California dearly while I am there. But I have heard nothing but great things about the city of Lincoln and the spirit of the school! I cannot wait to experience my first Big Red football game along with everything else Big Red!
     The anticipation is definitely the hardest part. Except what comes next: the goodbyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment